When children grow into teenager and you are asked to pick an aspiration, roll a six sided dice
6: Pick one yourself (Pleasure if you have the Nightlife expansion)
This is to give some challenge and variety as you play through the generations.
The 10th generation child must be able to trace their family tree back up to the original Sim by blood.
You may NOT turn aging off
You may use the elixir of life, but use caution, as you may suffer the jump bug.
You may use any other normal aspiration reward objects.
You may NOT use any kinds of cheats or mood trainers.
You may NOT use any “special” objects such as the platinum-maxing painting.
You may use any maxis-made objects, and any 3rd party skins/wallpapers/floors etc.
You may NOT use the new twins or abduction patches.
No reloading after bad events such as bad chance cards or accidental deaths
Restarting after a bad bug or a glitch IS allowed. Just as using the move_objects cheat is allowed for bugged objects.
Should you be unfortunate enough to have your entire lot bugged, starting the entire challenge over again is okay. I would recommend uploading your legacy lots to the Sims 2 (sadly this is no longer an option, though you could always upload a backup of your family to a Google Drive or something similar), so if a horrid bug or glitch forces you to start over again, you can just download your own lot and start again from there. I’m uploading my family once per generation just in case.
At the end of the challenge, 10 generations or after the family line is broken, score your family on the following terms.
1. 1 point for each generation reached – max 10
2. 1 point for each $100,000 in net worth the family has – round your current net worth up
3. 1 point for each PLATINUM grave on the lot
4. 1/3 point for each family friend the family has at the end – round spare 1/3’s down
5. 1 point every time a Sim fulfills an ‘impossible’ want which is a want scoring 30,000 points or more, limit one per sim per want. There are other wants that also count for this, like “have 10 children” I’ll try to post a complete list of them soon.
6. -1 point every time a household member drops into aspiration failure, requiring a visit from the sim shrink.
7. -2 points for every inter-bred birth in the family.
1. 2 points if all 10 career reward objects are on the lot – One time only
2. 1 point for each different type of NPC that you have children with over the whole legacy.
3. 1 point for each different color ghost you have on the lot at the end.
4. -2 points for each visitor that dies on your lot.
5. 1 point for each alien born on the lot – 1st generation aliens only, children of aliens don’t count, unless it’s by abduction
6. 2 points if the birth that brings in the last generation is twins.
7. 2 points if you can get two social bunnies to have romantic interactions on the lot – One time only
8. 2 points if the ghosts on your lot can access your sims – see post below
9. *NEW* 2 points if you manage to collect ALL the different types of ghosts on the lot (see post below)
Of course there is NO way for anyone to enforce the rules or scoring, so the whole contest is on the honor system. I’m just putting this contest out here as a fun challenge among simmers, not an “I’m better than you” ego-fest. I look forward to seeing everyone’s scores while I start cracking on my own Legacy family. Good Luck!
Are YOU up for the Legacy Challenge?