A total of 100 points can be earned in The Sims 4 Legacy Challenge.
(101 if using a handicap)
The scoring categories are as follows:
Family: 10 total points
The Family point category is the most simple of all. You gain 1 point per generation to have an eligible heir reach young adulthood.
The scoring goes as follows:
- One point per generation
- The point is gained when the current heir reaches young adulthood
- The challenge ends the moment the 10th generation child is born, since this child does not become a young adult, the 10th point needs to be earned by doing the following:
- The 10th point is obtained by having/adopting 10 children in a single generation
Creative: 10 total points
Documenting and honoring one’s fallen ancestors is paramount to keeping the family Legacy strong. While family members live and die, they die happy knowing that they will not be forgotten.
- Founder/heir and their primary spouse must be memorialized per generation. 1 point each generation.
- Ways to memorialize are:
- Write a song for a Sim (Sim writing the song must have Piano, Violin, OR Guitar skill must be 8+)
- Comedy routine (Sim doing the routine must have Comedy skill of 8+), routine must be done at least once during a party.
- Paint a portrait by choosing “Paint from Reference” with a Sim with a painting skill level 8 or higher.
- Write a biography about a Sim (Sim writing the biography must have writing skill of 10).
- Create a Video Game in honor of a sim. (Video Games require a level 9+ Programming Skill)
- Take a photo of a Sim. (Must be done by a Sim with photography skill level 5)
- This will earn you 9 points since challenge ends as soon as 10th generation baby is born
- 10th point is earned by having a single Sim complete two out of the three creative aspirations in their lifetime.
Fortune: 10 total points
While the founder starts off on an empty grass lot with pocket change to their name, a Legacy Family is expected to grow in wealth as more and more Sims succeed in life and bring in riches for the family to share and pass along to future generations. With the addition of The Sims 4 Get to Work funds from a business owned by the Legacy family now counts towards the family net worth.
- Points are earned by meeting the specific household worth thresholds as follows:
- $75,000 = 1 point
- $120,000 = 2 points
- $200,000 = 3 points
- $320,000 = 4 points
- $510,000 = 5 points
- $830,000 = 6 points
- $1,300,000 = 7 points
- $2,100,000 = 8 points
- $3,500,000 = 9 points
- $5,700,000 = 10 points (this MAY be replaced with having ALL Business Perks if your family owns a business)
Love: 10 total points
While the Legacy Family is the star of the show, one cannot deny the unique outsider perspective that the spouses bring in. A family with a deep and diverse array of lovers helps the Legacy Family grow both literally and in wisdom.
- For every 3 unique traits that the Primary spouse (see the spouses section of the Gameplay Rules for more information on Primary spouses) brings into the family you gain 1 point.
- While there are 35 unique traits in game, only 27 will ever be earned by your family, which will total 9 points.
- The 10th point is earned by having a Sim complete both love aspirations in one lifetime.
Knowledge: 10 points
Being skilled is one thing, but being a master at something is completely different. To demonstrate their mastery of many subjects, a Legacy Family must devote themselves to a life of study and practice if they ever want to be known for their skills.
- You gain points according to the total number of skills that reach max level (either 5 or 10 depending on the skill) according to the following chart:
- 3 skills reaching max level = 1 point
- 5 skills reaching max level = 2 points
- 8 skills reaching max level = 3 points
- 13 skills reaching max level = 4 points
- 21 skills reaching max level = 5 points
- 34 skills reaching max level = 6 points
- 55 skills reaching max level = 7 points
- 89 skills reaching max level = 8 points
- 144 skills reaching max level = 9 points
- Toddler & childhood skills count for the above totals just as much as adult skills do.
- The 10th point is earned by having every skill reach max level at some point during the challenge. (Including toddler & childhood skills, can be done by different Sims in different generations). This does not have to be done by one Sim.
Athletic: 10 points
It is the goal of every athlete to push themselves. To hunker down and through the pain and sweat and push themselves the extra mile in order to achieve greatness. This category is about pushing your Sims to greatness through the fulfillment of their aspirations.
- You gain points depending on the total number of aspirations that are completed according to this chart:
- 1 aspiration completed = 1 point
- 2 aspirations completed = 2 points
- 3 aspirations completed = 3 points
- 5 aspirations completed = 4 points
- 8 aspirations completed = 5 points
- 13 aspirations completed = 6 points
- 21 aspirations completed = 7 points
- 34 aspirations completed = 8 points
- 55 aspirations completed = 9 points
- Childhood aspirations count just as much as adult aspirations for this point chart.
- The 10th point is earned when you have completed all four childhood aspirations and every single adult aspiration at least once during the duration of the challenge. This DOES NOT have to be done by a single Sim or in a single generation. You have the whole challenge to complete this point.
Nature: 10 points
All nature Sims love their collections, but a Legacy Family gets REALLY into collecting, and more than just rocks and frogs and such. Complete these 10 collections and be the envy of all collectors out there. You earn one point for each collection you complete. No partial points are given for partial collections. With the December update adding Business and Athletic, those careers are now needed to fulfill the career points in this category.
Complete 13 out of the 16 possible collections.
- Have somebody die on the family lot in one of each of the 10 different ways to die = 1 point
- There are 13 collections (out of 16 possible collections in the game) to complete to earn you points in Nature they are the following (these can be earned throughout the course of the game, NOT by a single Sim or generation) this will earn you a total of 5 points:
- 1 collection completed = 1 point
- 2 collections completed = 2 points
- 5 collections completed = 3 points
- 9 collections completed = 4 points
- 13 collections completed = 5 points
- Have Sims within the household reach the top level of each career track = 1 point
- Have Sims within the household reach the top level of both branches of every career track = 1 point
- Collect every single emotional painting type (Angry, Sad, Playful, Flirty, Confident, Focused) = 1 point
- Collect and store on the family lot every single consumable aspiration reward = 1 point
Food: 10 points
The food category is a buffet of tasks for your Sims to perform. Some easy, some difficult, but all related to food.
Earn one point for completing each of the following:
- Purchase the most expensive fridge and stove and fully upgrade both of them = 1 point
- Have a Sim make a highest quality version of Baked Alaska, the most difficult to make dish = 1 point (NOTE: Baking the highest level baking dish can be done in lieu of gourmet cooking to satisfy the ‘Highest Quality version of Baked Alaska’ point.)
- Have a single Sim max the cooking, baking (if you have Sims 4 Get to Work) gourmet cooking, and mixology skills = 1 point
- Have Sims complete both food aspirations in a single generation, they can be done by two different Sims = 1 point
- Have a Sim get fat from your family’s cooking = 1 point
- Have at least six Sims (family members or guests) all sitting at the table eating at the same time = 1 point
- Reach the top of both food career branches = 1 point
- Cook a meal with at least two fresh ingredients that are of the highest quality = 1 point
- Have a Sim make their date a max-quality meal or mix a max-quality drink during a single date = 1 point
- Serve a max-quality party-sized meal and mix a max-quality drink and serve both during a single party = 1 point
Popularity: 10 points
The only thing more legendary than a well-developed Legacy Family house is a Legacy Family house party! Making your home party central for the region will have everyone wanting to make friends with the family in hopes of securing an invite.
Points earned depending on the medals you earn from parties and dates.
Gold medal = 3 points – Silver Medal = 2 points and Bronze Medal = 1 point
You will need to keep track of how many medals you earn in each date or party in order to tally the totals up correctly. These medal points are tracked throughout the entire Legacy
- 20 Medal Points = 1 point
- 30 Medal Points = 2 points
- 60 Medal Points = 3 points
- 90 Medal Points = 4 points
- 150 Medal Points = 5 points
- 200 Medal Points = 6 points
- 400 Medal Points = 7 points
- 600 Medal Points = 8 points
- 1000 Medal Points = 9 points
- The 10th point is earned by having a single Sim get a gold medal in all the different types of parties AND a gold medal on a date. (This can be replaced by having earned all possible club perks in your Legacy club instead.)
Deviance: 10 points
Many think of evil and mischief when they hear the word ‘deviance’ but in reality they are merely a Sim expressing their impulsive desires in a form that is harmful to others. Not all impulsive desires are harmful, but giving into them is the name of the game here. Now, condensing all their hard work into an elixir that they will never benefit from? Yeah that’s deviant.
Points are gained depending on the total number of potions of youth that are kept somewhere in the Legacy House unused. It is recommended that you keep these in a small room that Sims don’t have access to so they don’t accidentally drink them.
Potions of Life cost 1,500 aspiration points each.
- 1 Potion of Youth = 1 point
- 2 Potions of Youth = 2 points
- 3 Potions of Youth = 3 points
- 5 Potions of Youth = 4 points
- 8 Potions of Youth = 5 points
- 12 Potions of Youth = 6 points
- 20 Potions of Youth = 7 points
- 30 Potions of Youth = 8 points
- 50 Potions of Youth = 9 points
- 80 Potions of Youth = 10 points
Handicaps (adds 1 extra point)
With the addition of The Sims 4 Get Together you now have the option of including one handicap to your Legacy challenge that will net you an additional point if completed (which means that, yes, it is possible to now get 101 points in a Legacy)
- Extreme Start – To get the handicap for the Extreme Start you must start your Legacy on one of the two new 64 x 64 lots in Windenburg. Once you purchase the lot you cannot buy ANYTHING until you earn enough to purchase the Knight of the Octagon Table, you will need an additional 200 simoleons to purchase the Knight. Once the Knight has been purchased (leaving you with close to or exactly 0 simoleons) and placed into your inventory you can start the challenge as per usual just with A LOT less money at your disposal. The Knight MUST be purchased before the first bills arrive, failure to do this will result in you being unable to earn this handicap point. Successfully completing this handicap will give you 1 extra point at the end of your challenge. (Thank you to Aprilise for helping us figure this handicap out!)
Penalties: -3 points total
Nobody likes to think about the bad things in life. While your Sims are certainly expected to have their ups and downs, there are some downs that are especially low and reflect very poorly on a Legacy Family if they ever happen. This is a point category like all the others, except all points here are negative and subtract from your total score and your goal is to obtain 0 points here.
- -1 point every time the power is shut off due to unpaid bills
- -1 point every time the plumbing is shut off due to unpaid bills
- -1 point per child/infant taken away by social services