There is no denying that the Sims 4 Legacy Challenge is a complex undertaking and there are some fairly common questions I’ve seen asked. Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions, and answers to them.
- Can we only control the founder and heirs?
- If my spouse brings in $20,000 or any other amount of money should I cheat it down or use it?
- Is there a score sheet?
- Does household worth include cash on hand?
- Can I change the hair/eye/skin color and/or clothing of my sims?
- Why do we need to buy a knight in the very beginning? Can’t we just use the money cheat to bring down our starting household worth?
- With the spouse rule change, can we bring in non-townies (Like Bella Goth) as long as they don’t bring in any money?
- What is the money cheat to use if a spouse brings in money?
- Can the spouses of spares and spares’ children earn points?
- Can I move an already established Legacy family to one of the new 64 x 64 lots in Windenburg?
A: You can control whoever is in the Legacy family house. While the founder and heirs are the stars of the show, there is no rule against controlling spouses and spares.
A: Spouses are not allowed to bring in any money when they initially move in. The best way to avoid them bringing in money is to merge them into families. Let me show you how to avoid any confusion.
A: Yes! Several actually! You can find them all at http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-scoresheets/.
A: Yes! You can change anything (except traits and aspirations) in CAS. You are allowed to use custom content of any kind, you are allowed to use the cheat to enter full CAS mode. This applies to anyone in the Legacy Challenge household, including your founder, spouses, heirs and spares.
A: Having the knight in your family inventory inflates your bills… and this is by design. If you use the money cheat to bring your cash down without buying the knight, your bills will be lower which will give you an unfair advantage over others who bought the knight.
A: This one is a bit nebulous. The technical answer is “no” but if you, the player don’t know their traits/skills ahead of time, then they should be fair game as they are essentially the same as #LegacyLoves sims. The spirit of the rule is to prevent players from moving in sims that they’ve either created themselves or know ahead of time their skills and traits.
A: Check out TwistedMexican’s cheat guide here on the SimsVIP: http://simsvip.com/2014/09/07/the-sims-4-skill-cheats-relationship-cheats-and-more/ The Money cheat that allows you to set your household funds to a specific number is what you want. Use that to set your funds to what they were before the money-bearing sim joined the household.
A: Yes, if they live in the Legacy house and can directly trace their lineage back to the founder either by blood or marriage. They can no longer earn points if they move out.
A: Yes! If you have an already established Legacy family in a 50 x 50 lot in another world, you can move your family ONCE to one of the Windenburg 64 x 64 lots. However, once you move the family to the larger lot, you can not move them back to a smaller lot.