Date: January 1st 20XX
Program: The Wonder Child Project
Project: RRR (Phase 1)
Greetings Citizen. You have been randomly selected to participate in the Wonder Child Project. The government has noted your unmarried status and desire for children. We are here to remedy both.
We have paired you with a fellow citizen of similar age that we have determined to have complementary personality and genetic qualities optimal for child rearing.
You will be given a $22,000 stipend and the choice of lot to purchase. There you will take up residence as a normal person. You will take jobs in the area of your choosing, and otherwise blend in with the neighborhood.
As part of this program you must reproduce at least once with your selected mate. The first child born of the coupling will be the ultimate focus of this project. The “Wonder Child”.
Once this child is born, you are to devote your entire lives to raising them as successfully as possible. Leave no advantage ungranted, no assistance unrendered. Your undivided attention must be given to this child. Any efforts to improve yourselves or any subsequent children are to be for the indirect betterment of your Wonder Child.
This is a competition. There are hundreds of other couples doing the same as you. Show us your child rearing skills, make the best child that one can make, and you will be rewarded handsomely.
Introducing the Wonder Child Challenge Rules
The Sims 4 Wonder Child Challenge tasks you with starting out with a pair of adult Sims, having a child, and making that child as skilled and fulfilled as humanly possible before they reach young adulthood.
In CAS, start a new family. You must create two sims, one male and one female. They may be human and/or alien. Both must be of the adult age (NOT young adult). They must have the relationship of “Roommates” to each other. You are otherwise free to customize both Sims to your desire. You may pick any aspirations and traits you want, use whatever custom content you wish when designing their looks and outfits, and of course give them whatever names you desire.
Once the family is created, move them into the world. You may select any lot you can afford. You may move into pre-built houses and may download and use houses from the exchange. The only restriction is that the house may NOT contain any career reward objects or other collectible items not immediately available from the buy menu. You are certainly free to move into an empty lot and build your house from scratch, and unlike the Legacy Challenge, you may choose any size lot.
NOTE REGARDING TODDLERS – The challenge will begin and progress pretty much the same with the addition of toddlers, but there will be more points to earn and extra bonuses added for them.
NOTE REGARDING VAMPIRES – You may not use vampires in this challenge (either for the parents or the Wonder Child) as it will remove the “time crunch” aspect of this challenge.
Before your couple becomes elders (and thus unable to reproduce) you must have at least one child. They need not be formally married before doing this. Additional children beyond the first are allowed.
The very first child that is born is designated the “Wonder Child” and will be the most important Sim going forward. In the event that the first pregnancy results in multiple births, the first child you name is the Wonder Child. The gender of your Wonder Child has no impact on scoring. If the male of the pair is abducted and is made pregnant, resulting in the first child born being an alien birth, that still counts as the first child born, and thus will become your wonder child. The Wonder Child may be born at home or at the hospital.
If your couple ages up to elder before having at least one child, OR if the Wonder Child is taken by social services or dies, you fail the challenge.
The Challenge ends the moment the Wonder Child grows into young adulthood.
All points earned in this challenge are focused on the Wonder Child.
- No cheats or mods that give you an unfair advantage over players who do not use them. Cheats and mods used for strictly visual purposes or to remedy bugs in the game are allowed. This is essentially the same No-cheats rule as the Legacy Challenge.
- You may not use any form of age-extending item on any of your sims. No potions of youth. You may grow a cow plant, but you may not drink from it to extend any Sim’s lifespan.
- You may not resurrect any dead sims, though you may plead with the reaper to save a dying sim.
- You may not move in, marry in, or merge in any Sims to the household. The only way to grow the family is to reproduce.
- You may move any family member out besides the Wonder Child.
- You may NOT adopt children. All children must come from pregnancy.
- You may choose and change the aspirations for any Sims in the family at any time, this includes any children born in the family. When children age up, you may choose what traits they gain.
- While the Wonder Child is your main focus, you may control and give commands to all Sims in the household.
- The potion of youth is the only aspiration reward selection that is not allowed. Both the wonder child and other members of the family are free to pick any other rewards and use them as they see fit.
- The challenge MUST be played on “Normal” Lifespans.
- You may NOT purchase or use the mood-aura plumbob lamps.
- The parents may take the new Scientist, Doctor or Detective careers and you may follow them to work before the wonder child is born, but once the wonder child arrives, you may not follow them to work.
- The family may start a retail business, but if the wonder child has been born, they must be among the sims who travel to the business lot when you open it.
- You may use fruit/music to influence the gender of your Wonder Child (and any subsequent children as well) if you so desire as the gender of the Wonder Child does not impact your scoring.
- 1 point for every skill point earned by the Wonder Child. This includes toddler & childhood skills.
- 3 point completion bonus for every skill that reaches level 10. (So getting 10 points in one skill will net you 13 points in total)
- 10 points for every trait the Wonder Child possesses. You are guaranteed to get at least 40 points from this by the end of the challenge from their 3 personality traits and 1 adult aspiration trait, but can accumulate more by completing aspirations and buying bonus traits with aspiration reward points. Business Perks earned and purchased from a family business do NOT count. They are allowed, but they do not earn you any points.
- 10 points will be earned if you are able to earn one of the bonus Toddler Traits.
- Extra 5 bonus points earned if you are able to get all Toddler skills to level 5 (level 3 for potty training).
- “Clean Diaper Club” bonus: From the beginning to the end of toddlerhood, never have your wonder child use their diaper to the point where it needs a change. This is worth 2 points.
- Note: Toddler Diapers can take one filling without needing a change. After a 2nd use, the toddler will emit a green cloud wherever they go and thus require a change. Keep in mind that toddlers with low potty training skill will automatically fill their diapers when their bladders get low… even as low as halfway. This can happen even during sleep, so getting this can be tricky, but not impossible. Note that how much diaper-pooping the wonder child does during their infant stage has NO impact on the clean diaper club bonus.
- As a child, the moment the Wonder Child becomes an “A” Student in school, see now many days they have until aging up into a teen. You gain a number of points equal to the number of days left as long as you remain an ‘A’ Student (for example if your child becomes an “A” student and has 5 days left until becoming a teen, you get 5 points). If they are demoted back to a B student during childhood these bonus points are lost. These points become permanent when the Wonder Child becomes a teen if they ended childhood as an “A” student
- As a teenager, the moment the wonder child becomes an “A” student in high school, see how many days they have until aging up into young adulthood. You gain one point equal to the number of days left as long as they remain an “A” student. If they are demoted to a “B” student, these points are lost. You’d calculate this the same as you would for the child A student. See above.
- As a teenager, the moment the Wonder Child reaches the top level of any of the teenage careers they earn one point equal to the number of days left until aging into a young adult (so if they reach the top of a teen career and still have 6 days left until adulthood, you gain 6 points). If they are ever demoted, fired or quit, these points are lost.
- 5 points for every gold medal birthday party thrown for the Wonder Child
SimmerDownSouth created a handy scoresheet for you to use if you wish. Check it out!
End of Challenge
Once your Wonder Child becomes a young adult, the challenge ends. If you are throwing them a birthday party, the challenge does not end until the party does. Pick their third young adult trait. If you have any unspent aspiration points, you may spend them before calculating your score. Once you do that, move them into their own household as a single Sim and upload them to the gallery with both their final score and the hashtag #WonderChild in the description.
You can find a video of how Pinstar starts the challenge below:
Q: “Do I get any points from getting skills or completing aspirations from other members of the house?”
A: “None. The Wonder Child’s parents and possible younger siblings will never directly contribute points to your score.”
Q: “Can I use Sims from the gallery as my starting Sims?”
A: “As long as they are both adult aged and do NOT have any skill points to start with.”
Q: “Can my female Sim become pregnant from someone other than the male Sim she started with?”
A: “Yes. She can even birth the Wonder Child this way if you want. Keep in mind that the father cannot be moved in to the household.”
Q: “Can the wonder child use consumable aspiration rewards or career rewards earned by other members of the family?”
A: “Yes! While the Wonder Child’s family will never earn you any direct points, having them do well with their aspirations and careers can allow them to support the Wonder Child more effectively”
Q:”I see that you restrict the plumbob lamps, am I not allowed to use mood aura objects?”
A: “You may use mood aura objects and turn their auras on. The lamps are restricted because they are too easy and cheap to get. Mood aura career rewards, paintings and collectable objects in the game may used. Keep in mind that any pre-built houses you might use cannot have these objects in them at the start; you must earn/find/make them yourself”
Q: “How do ghosts work with this challenge?”
A: “If your Wonder Child dies,it is game over unless a sim successfully pleads with the reaper to save them. If somebody other than the Wonder Child dies, you may keep their urn on the lot and interact with their ghost, but you may not invite them back into the house formally as a playable sim.
Q: “Does it matter who throws the birthday parties? Can I throw them for the Wonder Child’s siblings or parents?”
A: “It doesn’t matter who throws the party, as long as the wonder child is listed as the birthday Sim and you score a gold medal on that party, you get the bonus points. You can do this twice, once for their childhood to teen transition and once for their teen to young adulthood. You may throw birthday parties for other household sim…or any other type of party for that matter, but they will not earn you any points.”